If you have a dedicated server or VPS from your hosting provider, they may ask you to register custom domain name servers. These servers are ones that are at your domain name, such as ns1.(your domain name). Before you can add those name servers to domain names, you need to register them:
- Log in to your Name.com account and click My Account.
- Click my domains on the left in green.
- Click the domain name you would like to manage.
- Click NS Registration on the left side.
- In the Hostname field, enter a prefix, such as NS1. In the IP Address field, enter the IP address that you need the name server to point to.
- Click the Register New Name Server button.
Once you have created the name servers, you can add them to any domain names you own.