Now let’s learn about the feature manager and how you can use it to help create hosting accounts.
1) Click the packages link.
2) Then click the feature manager link.
Feature manager let’s you assign a custom set of features to a specific package.
The first thing we must do is create a feature list name.
3) Enter a feature list name.
4) Click the add button.
You will see a list of all the features available in cPanel and, by default, most are selected.
5) When finished creating a custom feature list, click save.
That’s it! You’ve just created a custom feature list.
6) Click here to go back to the feature manager.
From here, you can edit the feature list you just created.
In order to use the feature list you created, it must be linked to a specific package.
7) Click the packages link.
8) Then click edit a package.
9) Select the desired package, then click edit.
10) Select the feature list you created.
11) Then click save changes.
That’s it! Now, any time we create a hosting account and assign it the custom package, the account will only have those features available to it that you assigned when you created the testfeature feature list.
This is the end of the tutorial. You now know how to use the feature manager tool in conjunction with account packages to limit the availability of features to certain accounts.