Odoo is an all-in-one management software that offers a range of business applications that form a complete suite of enterprise management applications targeting companies of all sizes. Odoo is an all-in-one business software including CRM, website/e-commerce, billing, accounting, manufacturing, warehouse – and project management, and inventory.
The Odoo versions currently are in use are:
– Odoo.8.0 Old version, no official support, community support only
– Odoo.9.0 Long Term Stable version, still supported
– Odoo.10.0 Long Term Stable version, still supported
– Odoo.11.0 Latest version
For this guide we will be installing Odoo in Ubuntu 16.04
There are two way to get the odoo source, by downloading the Zip file or via Github.
The Odoo zip file can be downloaded from here, the zip file then needs to be uncompressed to use its content.
Git allows easier updates and easier switching between differents versions of Odoo. It also simplifies maintaining non-module patches and contributions. The github repository can be found here.
Operating System: Ubuntu 16.04 – 64bit
Recommended RAM: 2GB
1. Login via SSH as root user to your server
2. Update the System Packages
apt-get update && apt-get -y upgrade
3. Install PostgreSQL
Odoo needs a PostgreSQL server to run properly. As per the operating system, you can install PostgreSQL server.
sudo apt-get install postgresql-9.3
4. Please install python 2.7 or above
apt-get install python-*
5. If you receive some loacales error while installing odoo so please make sure you run below commands to fix the error.
apt-get install locales dpkg-reconfigure locales
You should run this locales commands before installing the Odoo
6. An user by the name of Yenthe666 has written a great script to make both your and my life easier.
Please download the script for Odoo 10 as below.
Please download the script for Odoo 11 as below.
7. Make the script executeable
chmod 755 odoo_install.sh
8. Execute the shell script.
9. Onc done start the odoo service
10.You can now access the Odoo installation with IP address on port 8069
11.When you access http://your-server-IP:8069/ and try to create the database, you may face error with database templates.
Please execute below postgreSQL commands from postgre prompt to fix the errors,
UPDATE pg_database SET datistemplate = FALSE WHERE datname = 'template1'; DROP DATABASE template1; CREATE DATABASE template1 WITH TEMPLATE = template0 ENCODING = 'UNICODE'; UPDATE pg_database SET datistemplate = TRUE WHERE datname = 'template1';
That’s it, your Odoo installation is now up and running. Ofcourse we offer a fully managed Odoo Hosting service that not only takes care of the installation but also ongoing maintenance, updates and security.