Congratulations on getting that shiny new web hosting account you’ve got yourself and thanks for choosing Host4Geeks. Now you are all set to make a statement on the web but before you go out and do that, here are a few things that will help you get started.
Getting all the Information Organized:
First and foremost let’s make sure you have all the information that you need to get started. If you are reading this, your account most likely has already been setup on our servers and you should have received an email subjected as “Your Hosting Account Details” or similar, this email contains your login credentials, IP addresses, Nameserver details and other important information, we will keep coming back to this email throughout the course of this guide.
Determining your Needs:
- Do you already have a website that needs to be moved from another provider? Is yes, then stop reading this guide and login to your client area and Open a Migration Request (Client Area >> Support >> Migration Request) and we will take care of it all and ensure that your website is online on your new hosting account with us.
- If you are starting from scratch and setting up a new website then continue reading below.
Uploading your Website & Files:
The email subjected as “Your Hosting Account Details” will contain your FTP Credentials that you may use to upload your files to your hosting account from your local computer.
- If you are using an FTP client, put in your site’s IP address under the “FTP address” field. Use the username and password sent to you in your welcome email. FTP always runs on Port 21.
- Once your FTP is connected, go into the “public_html” folder and begin uploading your site. To replace the default place holder page, you must upload an index.html in all lowercase lettering or delete the page and replace it with your own index page.
Using WordPress to setup your website?
If you plan on using WordPress to build your website, we have a simple way to setup and install WordPress using our Softaculous Auto Installer available within your cPanel interface.
DNS / Nameserver Changes:
Once you have your website ready, it is time to point your domain name to your hosting account with us. The name servers you are supposed to use are as follows:
for clients with accounts on our US or UK servers:
for clients with accounts on our Indian servers:
Billing & Support:
Host4Geeks offers 24x7x365 support across all our services at no additional costs. Our team of customer service representatives, server administrators, and sales professionals are always here to help you.
If you are looking for instant answers to your questions, take a look at our Knowledgebase with over 200 guides and new ones getting added every day.
If you are unable to find an answer to your question in our knowledgebase, go ahead and login to your client area and open a support ticket.
Immediately after you email our support team, you will receive an email confirming we have received your email and that the issue has been placed in our 24/7 support queue. If you do not receive this email, we did not receive your support ticket.
Our best administrators work in our ticket system all the time. It is the best place to go to get your complicated issues resolved in a timely manner.
We do have a few suggestions for using our ticket system, though:
- Only submit one ticket per issue. If you submit multiple tickets for the same issue, it actually slows down the support process.
- Always be sure to include your primary domain name, username, and as much detail as possible. If a login or URL is needed to duplicate the problem, please include that as well. The more detail you provide to our administrators, the faster they can resolve your issue.
Other helpful Resources: